[lfs-support] LFS Page 5.19 - File 5.04 Complie Issues

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:36:14 PST 2012

Robert Renfro wrote:
> William Immendorf <will.immendorf <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 1:27 AM, Casey Daniels - lfs <lfs <at> cd.kcfam.net>
> wrote:
>>> /media/lfs/sources/file-5.04/src/.libs/lt-file: error while loading shared
>>> libraries: libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>>> directory
>> Is there something wrong with your toolchain? Zlib is not built in the
>> toolchain, so why is (presumbly) configure detecting it? Can I see
>> your config.log so I can see what is causing it to use the host libs?
>>

> I encountered the same issue as described in this thread.  I was wondering what
> the resolution was.

File can use zlib, but what you should have from ./configure in Chapter
5 is:

checking zlib.h usability... no
checking zlib.h presence... no
checking for zlib.h... no
checking for gzopen in -lz... no

It looks like you didn't set up your environment correctly.

Later in Chapter 6, we do install zlib before file.

   -- Bruce