[lfs-support] LFS - 5.29 - perl-5.14.2 - possible errata

jasonpsage at jegas.com jasonpsage at jegas.com
Sun Jan 8 16:39:45 PST 2012

>In the Code for installing perl, just after the make command, there is a
>line of code that reads:
>
>cp -v perl cpan/podlators/pod2man /tools/bin
>
>However at this stage in the LFS 7.0 process, we aren't in chroot
>
>I made the following change for this line and I hope its accomplishing
>the right thing.
>It's possible this line of code was MEANT to write in the HOST SYSTEM'S
>/tools/bin folder,
>but again, at this stage in the process, we are logged in as "lfs" and
>permission is denied.
>
>Here is the code I'm using and hoping it's correct:
>
># ADDED By JASON
>cp -v perl cpan/podlators/pod2man $LFS/tools/bin
>
>--Jason

And here is a case where I hit send to quickly... there is more....

Just below... the cp...there are two more commands:

#ORIGINAL GIVES ME PERMISSION ERRORS
#mkdir -pv /tools/lib/perl5/5.14.2
#cp -Rv lib/* /tools/lib/perl5/5.14.2

# ADDED BY JASON
mkdir -pv $LFS/tools/lib/perl5/5.14.2
cp -Rv lib/* $LFS/tools/lib/perl5/5.14.2

There - that's the perl situation I think exists.
all of it... LOL

--Jason