[lfs-support] LFS - 5.29 - perl-5.14.2 - possible errata

Matijn Woudt tijnema at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 16:41:21 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:36 AM,  <jasonpsage at jegas.com> wrote:

> In the Code for installing perl, just after the make command, there is a
> line of code that reads:
>
> cp -v perl cpan/podlators/pod2man /tools/bin
>
> However at this stage in the LFS 7.0 process, we aren't in chroot
>
> I made the following change for this line and I hope its accomplishing
> the right thing.
> It's possible this line of code was MEANT to write in the HOST SYSTEM'S
> /tools/bin folder,
> but again, at this stage in the process, we are logged in as "lfs" and
> permission is denied.
>
> Here is the code I'm using and hoping it's correct:
>
> # ADDED By JASON
> cp -v perl cpan/podlators/pod2man $LFS/tools/bin
>
> --Jason

Hi Jason,

In chapter 4.2 of the LFS1[1] book you're supposed to make a symlink,
which means that /tools should be the same as $LFS/tools. You have
probably rebooted a liveCD or something and forgot to make that
symlink again?

Matijn

[1] http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter04/creatingtoolsdir.html