[lfs-support] LFS - On Boot - Read Only File System

jasonpsage at jegas.com jasonpsage at jegas.com
Sun Jan 8 17:25:48 PST 2012

Virtual Box->Slackware 13.87 Host

After I compile the entire system, forget Grub - it seems unreliable to
me - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't (using preexisting LILO in
Slackware - booting seems much smoother) But in either case, my LFS
boots to a READ ONLY file system.

I've read that one of the boot scripts (which all installed ok to my
knowledge) is supposed to do a fsck on the partition then unmount the
drive and remount it read/write.

Further, I expected to see a bunch od devices in the /dev folder and all
I have is console and null.

Also, the fstab has <yyy> or something versus /dev/sda3 or something
too. Same with the swap setting.

I'm a bit perplexed over this matter too. I'm wondering how my symlink
in 4.2 caused my perl commands
needing changing too. something is awry and I'm not sure what. I won't
give up!

--Jason