[lfs-support] LFS - On Boot - Read Only File System

Kevin Wise wiske57 at opensuse.us
Sun Jan 8 17:54:13 PST 2012

Hello Jason, Don't know if I can be of much help as I'm quite new at LFS
and have only completed (1) build of 6.8 and (1) build of the current
7.0. Both with much help from the IRC channel and reading these post,
along with starting from scratch many times but I can tell you for sure
that the book is right as to everything. I did a lot of thinking as you
seem to be doing and that did not work. Best to get through the first
build following the book to the letter then experiment a little.

The only parts of the book I found to be important was the print, all
white space can be safely ignored :) Don't even think of giving up!

Kevin
wiske57