[lfs-support] LFS 7.0 - No Devices in /dev on boot up - Kernel then shuts off PC

jasonpsage at jegas.com jasonpsage at jegas.com
Mon Jan 9 13:13:37 PST 2012

I have been reading how Bruce Dubbs had this same problem and how ken
said to compile the Kernel with:

CONFIG_DEVTMPFS=y and CONFIG_DEVTMPFS_MOUNT=y

This solved Bruce's problem. I found the closest matches for these
settings in the Kernel Configuration screen and they are on by default.

Bummer is it was looking so hopeful when the kernel started to boot
until I got hit with the colored [FAILS]

And as best as I could tell (scrolls up pretty fast) it was device not
existant.

I'll keep hammering, but any ideas are welcome.

--Jason