[lfs-support] Final GCC Compile Weirdness - 1 Time? No, 2 nd Time? Perfect!

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 9 13:48:49 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 03:09:49PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> Even my old 2005 P4 does binutils in 135 seconds.

 For LFS-7.0 building itself, my 2.4GHz athlon64 took 150 seconds
(with a 10000rpm drive and not using cpufreq, the bios is too crap),
my 2.2GHz version (7200rpm, and ondemand cpufreqgovernor) took 188
seconds.

 As always, building from an earlier toolchain will give a shorter
initial SBU but doesn't make a lot of odds in the overall build
time.

ĸen