[lfs-support] Problem on compiling and installing Binutils-2.21.1a

Uthayanan suthayanan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 02:21:37 PST 2012

Hi Firerat

Book says the required disk space should be 350 MB. But my binutils-build
is only 508K

lfsuthayan at ubuntu:/mnt/lfs/Sources$ ls -lh binutils-build/
total 508K

that means , I am missing something no .... btw I used ubuntu to create my
lfs partition.. is there any thing to do with that ?

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Firerat <firer4t at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 10, 2012 9:48 AM, "Uthayanan" <suthayanan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Sandip,
> >
> > I followed the book.. During the compilation i didnt get any errors..
> Then during the installation I got the above warning and system
> > got out of the installation mode soon after the errors.
> > Do we have different options in compilation ?
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 3:13 PM, sandip sitapara <s13884neo at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> There is no error. Just messages that there is nothing to be installed.
> I am not sure but testsuit shouldn't be install in system it is just to
> check the correct installation and dependencies to run that software
> correctly.Also you have to look the compilation options while building the
> same.

> lfs and may be this one may be a silly question to ask:) . Please help me
> on this

> `/mnt/lfs/Sources/binutils-build/libiberty/testsuite'
> `/mnt/lfs/Sources/binutils-build/libiberty/testsuite'

> > --
> > Regards,
> > s uthay
> >
> > --
> >

> The make install simply runs make install in each directory, the testsuite
> doesn't have a install target...it is just stating it That is perfectly
> normal
>
> Warnings can usually be ignored, unless you are working with the code and
> want to resolve them
>
> Regards 'options in compilation'
> for the moment follow the book exactly  *do not* deviate from the book,
> you will only get lost.
>
> When you come across something that reads
> <EDITME<xxx>EDITME>
> or the like, then you need to modify for your needs, e.g. timezone in
> glibc, papersize in groff, but CEOs those bridges when you get to them :)

Regards,
s uthay