[lfs-support] LFS 7.0 - No Devices in /dev on boot up - Kernel then shuts off PC

jasonpsage at jegas.com jasonpsage at jegas.com
Tue Jan 10 04:29:34 PST 2012

>> Now I want to make my network card work - it says there isn't an eth0...

>That sounds like a kernel config problem. Read what lspci says about
>your ethernet card and when you do make menuconfig compare it to the
>help text for each of the ethernet options.
>
>Andy

Thank You Andy. I've been reading and trying things all night... Mostly
because I thought I WENT CRAZY selecting options in the kernel... I
though there was no way I missed a simple network driver...

But I did - I missed a WHOLE category PAGE of them! LOL - So I'm waiting
for a new kernel to compile now...
wait...let me try it before I send this....bah.. the hunt continues -
including closer scutiny of your advice...

Thank You! I'll give it a try!
--Jason