[lfs-support] Problem on compiling and installing Binutils-2.21.1a

Eleanore Boyd cara117 at cox.net
Tue Jan 10 04:49:36 PST 2012

On 1/10/2012 5:27 AM, Uthayanan wrote:
> This time I got loads of "no " . I think I should slow little bit down
> and do the whole process again..
>

> lfsuthayan at ubuntu:~$ cd /mnt/lfs/Sources/binutils-2.21.1
> lfsuthayan at ubuntu:/mnt/lfs/Sources/binutils-2.21.1$
> ../binutils-2.21.1/configure \
> >     --target=$LFS_TGT --prefix=/tools \
> >     --disable-nls --disable-werror
> checking target system type... i686-lfs-linux-gnu
> checking whether ln works... yes
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
> checking for gawk... no
> checking for mawk... mawk
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking for g++... g++
> checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
> checking for gnatbind... no
> checking for gnatmake... no
> checking whether compiler driver understands Ada... no
> checking how to compare bootstrapped objects... cmp
> --ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2
> checking for objdir... .libs
> checking for version 0.10 (or later revision) of PPL... no
> checking for default BUILD_CONFIG...
> checking for bison... no
> checking for byacc... no
> checking for yacc... no
> checking for bison... no
> checking for gm4... no
> checking for gnum4... no
> checking for m4... no
> checking for flex... no
> checking for lex... no
> checking for flex... no
> checking for makeinfo... no
> checking for expect... no
> checking for runtest... no
> checking for ar... ar
> checking for as... as
> checking for dlltool... no
> checking for ld... ld
> checking for lipo... no
> checking for nm... nm
> checking for ranlib... ranlib
> checking for strip... strip
> checking for windres... no
> checking for windmc... no
> checking for objcopy... objcopy
> checking for objdump... objdump
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-cc... no
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc... no
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-c++... no
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-g++... no
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-cxx... no
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gxx... no
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc... no
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gcj... no
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-gfortran... no
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-ar... i686-lfs-linux-gnu-ar
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-as... i686-lfs-linux-gnu-as
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-dlltool... no
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-ld... i686-lfs-linux-gnu-ld
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-lipo... no
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-nm... i686-lfs-linux-gnu-nm
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-objdump... i686-lfs-linux-gnu-objdump
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-ranlib... i686-lfs-linux-gnu-ranlib
> checking for i686-lfs-linux-gnu-strip... i686-lfs-linux-gnu-strip
> [...]
There's nothing wrong with your new output. I believe you are simply
very green in the ways of Linux and compiling. (Also, don't send a list
an invitation to an email service. First, kinda pointless, and second,
it can be rude, especially when some of us already have another email
account with that service.)

Elly