[lfs-support] LFS 7.0 - No Devices in /dev on boot up - Kernel then shuts off PC

Alain Toussaint alain.toussaint at securivm.ca
Tue Jan 10 08:02:09 PST 2012

> Thank You Andy. I've been reading and trying things all night... Mostly
> because I thought I WENT CRAZY selecting options in the kernel... I
> though there was no way I missed a simple network driver...
>
> But I did - I missed a WHOLE category PAGE of them! LOL - So I'm
> waiting
> for a new kernel to compile now...
> wait...let me try it before I send this....bah.. the hunt continues -
> including closer scutiny of your advice...
>
> Thank You! I'll give it a try!
> --Jason

For your network card, try:

lspci -k

In the host; this will give you the module used to support your card. If it
say something like ath5k.ko (or something similar), look in the Makefile of
drivers/net/ (in the kernel sources) for the corresponding entry ath5k.c and
you'll have the correct setting to enter in the kernel configuration.

Look also in the staging directory.

Alain