[lfs-support] LFS 7.0 - No Devices in /dev on boot up - Kernel then shuts off PC

jasonpsage at jegas.com jasonpsage at jegas.com
Tue Jan 10 09:36:05 PST 2012

>> ...what I found is...the driver is named tg3. It is from Broadcom.
>> They have a Linux Driver - its in *.rpm format, the source code
>> is for a 2.6 kernel (might not work on 3.1, might... I dunno) but
>> rather than fight and fight to figure out how to get this to work (which
>> it might not..
>
>The tg3 driver is inside the kernel source, you don't need an RPM for that.

I Saw some Broadcom "drivers" in the Kernel Make Menu config area, and
that didn't work.

Do you think its a matter of me running some Loadmodule command in a
script to make it work then?

Note, in the kernel I checked it with the ASTERISK which is supposed to
compile it into the kernel
versus being a loadable module.

Is it possible I need to "load" (turn on?) a module that is compiled
into the kernel with a command
in a script somewhere?

That would be SWELL!

--Jason