[lfs-support] Q: Diskless boot and initramfs final mount using LFS

Li, David LiD at cloudshield.com
Wed Jan 11 09:22:11 PST 2012

Hi,

I am totally new to LFS but very interested to see how I can use it for my requirements.

I 'll need to custom build a Linux distribution that eventually has to meet requirements:

1.       Smaller than 200MB (kernel + intramfs image files).

2.       Be able to support KVM-based virtualization (Redhat).

3.       Can be pxebooted on a x86_64 architecture

4.       Can mount the initramfs as its final root file system (no disk, no NFS).

Is this something doable using LFS?

Thanks.

David