[lfs-support] LFS 7.0 Chapter 6.17 Gcc-4.6.1 compilation - test results

Franck Chuiton franck at chuiton.fr
Wed Jan 11 18:33:25 PST 2012

Hi everybody !
I had first tried to build my LFS with a live CD but I eventually ended
up installing this Crunbang on the hard drive and starting over for a
new build.
So far, I've had no problem (seems to me, at least...).
I am not even sure I have one today :
The gcc tests ended up with this :

===============
make[1]: Leaving directory `/sources/gcc-build'
make: *** [do-check] Error 2
make: Target `check' not remade because of errors.
===============

I summed it up and checked with this compile log
(http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/7.0/core2duo/test-logs/080-gcc)
I don't have the same CPU nor the same figures... So I don't really know
if it's OK... To me, it doesn't look so bad, what do you think ?

Here are my results :
===================

		=== g++ Summary ===

# of expected passes		27266
# of expected failures		164
# of unsupported tests		139
/sources/gcc-build/gcc/testsuite/g++/../../g++  version 4.6.1 (GCC)

		=== gcc tests ===
--
		=== gcc Summary ===

# of expected passes		77323
# of expected failures		212
# of unsupported tests		679
/sources/gcc-build/gcc/xgcc  version 4.6.1 (GCC)

		=== libgomp tests ===
--
		=== libgomp Summary ===

# of expected passes		1063
		=== libmudflap tests ===

Running target unix
FAIL: libmudflap.c/fail40-frag.c output pattern test
--
		=== libmudflap Summary ===

# of expected passes		1406
# of unexpected failures	21
		=== libstdc++ tests ===

Running target unix
--
		=== libstdc++ Summary ===

# of expected passes		8191
# of expected failures		84
# of unsupported tests		161

Compiler version: 4.6.1 (GCC)
Platform: i686-pc-linux-gnu

So, please, is it a PASS ? Can I carry on ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Franck Chuiton <franck at chuiton.fr>