[lfs-support] LFS 7.0 Chapter 6.17 Gcc-4.6.1 compilation - test results

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 11 19:10:28 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:33:25PM -0400, Franck Chuiton wrote:
> Hi everybody !
> I had first tried to build my LFS with a live CD but I eventually ended
> up installing this Crunbang on the hard drive and starting over for a
> new build.
> So far, I've had no problem (seems to me, at least...).
> I am not even sure I have one today :
> The gcc tests ended up with this :

[ snipping except the unexpected failures ]
> 		=== libmudflap tests ===
>

> Running target unix
> FAIL: libmudflap.c/fail40-frag.c output pattern test
> --
> 		=== libmudflap Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes		1406
> # of unexpected failures	21
[...]
> So, please, is it a PASS ? Can I carry on ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Franck Chuiton <franck at chuiton.fr>

 I no longer build on i686, only x86_64, but that seems *remarkably*
good to me - no failures at all in gcc itself!  On x86_64 I see
failures in the gcc torture test, and rather fewer failures than you
are getting in libmudflap.  But, I suspect the libmudflap testsuite
is best not discussed in polite company!

 Unless anyone else has very different i686 results, I think you are
probably fine to carry on.  As always, what really matters is not
what the testsuite says, but whether the resulting system is good
enough to build the packages you wish to run.  If you saw dozens of
failures all over the suite I would say there was a problem.  If you
saw up to a dozen (in different tests), there *might* be a problem.
To get an apparently large number of failures from ONE libmudflap
test doesn't convince me that anything is wrong.

ĸen