[lfs-support] Still fighting with Network Madness...

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 11:47:43 PST 2012

jasonpsage at jegas.com wrote:

>  Here is the dmesg > kernel.log made in Slackware, the Host for my LFS7
>
>     http://pastebin.com/Z2ni67qp
>
> Thank you again. Note I searched for tg3 in there, and it appears
> multiple times.

It appears that your LFS kernel build has not included the tg3 driver.
I never use modules unless I have to.  This is definitely a kernel build
issue.  You won't be successful until dmesg shows that the appropriate
driver found the interface.

I never use modules unless I have to. If you do build as a module, be
sure to do it in chroot and run 'make modules_install'.

> Interstingly, near the end, it says eth0 is down followed by eth0 is up.

Yes, that is part of the initialization.

   -- Bruce