[lfs-support] coreutils (lfs-7.0, section 6.23)

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 13 05:36:20 PST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 03:00:40AM -0800, Qrux wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2012, at 10:40 PM, <jasonpsage at jegas.com> wrote:
>
> Found the problem.  Apparently, coreutils-8.14 (the version for the LFS 7.0 release book) is broken w.r.t. to that specific test.  It's a DST issue, so maybe the folks who were working with LFS-7.0 in the summer didn't notice the breakage.  I see that coreutils is already at 8.15 in SVN, so I assume the devs have already moved on from this problem.  But, for those who want to build the 7.0 release book, you'll likely need this patch.
>
> The URL references:
>
> 	* http://osdir.com/ml/bug-coreutils-gnu/2011-11/msg00176.html
> 	* http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/commit/?id=56ddf0fdeb52ce76718e
> 	* http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/patch/?id=56ddf0fdeb52ce76718e0594db4f567401e90a2c
 Now, I *am* annoyed.  Or at least I would be if I wasn't so calm
and saintly :)

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/errata/stable/

 And EVERYBODY, please read ALL the errata.

 BTW - your analysis is sound, but only for those people who have
had a daylight saving time change.  And you can see my own initial
notes on this in the archives of this list - that's usually a good
place to look for issues.

ĸen