[lfs-support] IPRoute2 (2.6.39)

jasonpsage at jegas.com jasonpsage at jegas.com
Sun Jan 15 05:02:46 PST 2012

>Thanks for the info !!! I am doing it again, This time I am using Cent 6.0 as my host machine.
>I ran the version check and I didnt get the expected output for Gcc and glibc. the snipped output is
>
>version-check.sh: line 21: gcc: command not found                // in gcc expected version according to the >book is 4.1.2
>GNU C Library stable release version 2.12                             // Glibc expected version according to >the book is 2.5.1

I'm using CentOS6 as a Host for LFS 7.0 also and I went into Add/Remove
Software and added the gcc there (Or install as "software developer". In
either case I used Add/REmove Software to get the TextInfo - there were
two packages I grabbed in there. Both Descriptions almost read
identical.

--Jason

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM, Firerat <firer4t at googlemail.com> wrote:
 On 15 January 2012 02:50, Uthayanan <suthayanan at gmail.com> wrote:

 > Hi group,
 >
 > Any working links to download  IPRoute2 (2.6.39) - 465 KB: . (lfs
7.0).

 > thanks

you could grap a snapshot from git
 http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/shemminger/iproute2.git;a=tree;h=c2059d034692a5d6a144ce3b757fb9f16abf6412;hb=8acd148fab1256132bd00353629868a561a8581c

 ( the snapshot link top left will give you a tarball )

 But if you take a peak at the current dev LFS you will see it has been
 updated to 3.2.0 ( at time of typing )
 http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/iproute2.html

 btw, for ref I got to the git via google IPRoute2, which got me to
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iproute2
 which in turn ( via External Links )
 http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/shemminger/iproute2.git

 ;)