[lfs-support] Use VM to do LFS

Steve Crosby steve.crosby at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 16:09:25 PST 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Li, David <LiD at cloudshield.com> wrote:

> I am new to LFS and am very interested in using a virtual machine (e.g virtual box vm). Is this something documented in the book already. Does this mean it's doable?
>
> Thanks.

Works fine. Building current SVN using VMWare 7 workstation on Windows
(using SLAX Live-CD as a host) as I type this (mainly to
test\experiment with instructions\hints for initramfs and systemd)

Only caveats to be aware of are making sure your eventual kernel
configuration (and selected host distribution) support the VM drivers
used for disk and networking by your VM system.

--
-- -
Steve Crosby