[lfs-support] Chroot failure

Дмитрий Шеховцов dima at transinf.ru
Mon Jan 16 09:37:32 PST 2012

>>    Hello.
>>
>> I follow LFS 7.0 book.
>> After Glibc-2.14.1 has been installed (chapter 6.9) chroot fails with
>> "Segmentation fault" error.
>> If I rename $LFS/lib to $LFS/lib_ just before chrooting then chroot
>> is completed OK.
>
>Why does $LFS/lib exist before you chroot? In the book we create
>$LFS/lib on the page after we chroot. What's in $LFS/lib that's causing
>a segfault?

After I had installed Glibc (so $LFS/lib was filled with the libraries) I shutdown the host and went to sleep. On the next day I could not enter the chroot unless $LFS/lib is renamed. The chroot's exit code is 139. When I try to run toolchain's bash from the host's root:

# /tools/bin/bash

I get a segfault always regardless of the renaming.

>ls $LFS/lib

cpp
ld-2.14.1.so
ld-linux.so.2