[lfs-support] configure, make and make install as who

Firerat firer4t at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 17 01:06:05 PST 2012

On Jan 17, 2012 8:43 AM, "Dave H" <thegenrlftw at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I downloaded, extracted, M4 (1.4.16) and did the following while in
the directory "$LFS/sources/m4-1.4.16":

You might find it easier to use the host system's package manager to
install the required packages

> question: should /usr/local/bin be in my path variable for user lfs?
currently $PATH=/tools/bin:/bin:/usr/bin.
That would probably work,
you should have it after tools.. And before /bin.. if it were on the end
and you have an older version in /{usr/}bin you will still be using the
older version

> question: should i be ./configure,make,make install all as root?
No, never