[lfs-support] LFS-7.0 Chapter 6.16. MPC-0.9 FYI

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 19 05:18:21 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 07:14:42AM -0500, Baho Utot wrote:

> When I build on the host I get the same thing.  Only when I add autoreconf
> before the ./configure step do I get the shared library.
>
> I wiull try building gcc today I have not progressed to that point just yet.

 If you are the only person to see a problem, it typically means one
of two things:

(a) you're on a bleeding-edge host system, nobody else has tried
what you are doing.

(b) you're doing something unusual.  If you are runnning scripts,
either something you do has caused unintended consequences for this
package, or else there was an error that didn't get trapped.  In my
case, setting my own CFLAGS and touching files (to get them to show
up in the install log) are my main deviations, and both have bitten
me from time to time :)

ĸen