[lfs-support] Binutils Pass 1 (LFS 7.0) internal compiler error

Timothy Sturm timothysturm6 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 23:19:37 PST 2012

Timothy Sturm wrote:

> ../../binutils-src/bfd/
elflink.c: In function 'elf_link_check_versioned_symbol':
> ../../binutils-src/bfd/elflink.c:8598: internal compiler error:
> Segmentation fault

This is usually a programming error (unlikely) or a hardware memory problem.

> Also, as a reference, here is version-check.sh's output -

Looks OK.

  -- Bruce

------------------------------
Hardware issues found

So before I got your reply I decided to just reinstall debian lenny through
a netboot on my tftpd server. During the reinstallation, my system kept
crashing during download of the kernel due to, what seemed to be,
overheating issues.
I decided to move the hardware into a more ventilated case and while doing
so I found two (2) blown capacitors on my 3.3v line... So your message,
although delayed was exactally correct and I thank you.

Installed new motherboard and loaded up debian... finished out ch. 5 with
no problems. I'm just glad it was an Intel board.