[lfs-support] Make errors on Binutils-2.21.1a - Pass 2

Firerat firer4t at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:27:51 PST 2012

On Jan 25, 2012 7:15 PM, "Dave H" <thegenrlftw at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
> everything up to this point hasn't produced any errors, however when
attempting to make, the following is returned:
> lfs at computername4:/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build$ make
> make[1]: Entering directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build'
> Configuring in ./intl
> configure: loading cache ./config.cache
> configure: error: `target_alias' has changed since the previous run:
> configure:   former value:  `x86_64-lfs-linux-gnu'
> configure:   current value: `x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu'
> configure: error: `CC' has changed since the previous run:
> configure:   former value:  `gcc'
> configure:   current value: `x86_64-lfs-linux-gnu-gcc -B/tools/lib/'
> configure: error: in `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build/intl':
> configure: error: changes in the environment can compromise the build
> configure: error: run `make distclean' and/or `rm ./config.cache' and
start over
> make[1]: *** [configure-intl] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

It looks like you are doing pass2 in the same build dir as pass1
Did you run configure?
The best way to do it is to first delete the binutils src and build dir
before starting pass2

> ALSO would like to note that on the previous step, "adjusting the tool
chain", i received a different output than what was specified.

>       [Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2]
> in stead of
>       [Requesting program interpreter: /tools/lib/ld-linux.so.2]

that is fine,
The example in the book is generic ( a 32bit build )
the important part is /tools in the path, i.e. your toolchain is linking
with your newly created temp toolchain and not your host's

> Any thought or suggestions for where I should be looking to fix this?
I'm pretty lost and really dont want start randomly fixing the problems
above, diverting from the manual i've followed to the letter, then
subquently have more problems later.

--
Firerat
Talented, Witty And Thoughtful .. is how most describe me.