[lfs-support] compilation error in GCC pass 1 package

Eleanore Boyd cara117 at cox.net
Sun Jan 29 07:10:36 PST 2012

On 1/29/2012 3:14 AM, mohit jain wrote:
> Sir I have attached the text file of the problem faced. Please find it
> and provide  a remedy.
> I am using LFS-BOOK-6.7.pdf
> With UBUNTU 10.04 LTS as the host
> Facing problem in compiling GCC-4.5.1 - Pass 1 package
> and the error faced is attached as a text file which is copied from
> the terminal
>

> Regards,
> Mohit Jain

Did you actually bother checking your own output? You could have read
through it and said, "Oh, it's looking for /x/, but it can't find /x/,
so I should install it to be sure it'll work." You should also have read
through the host requirements instead of assuming that the distro is
going to have everything you need.

Elly