[lfs-support] compilation error in GCC pass 1 package

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jan 29 23:28:29 PST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-29 at 14:44 +0530, mohit jain wrote:
> Sir I have attached the text file of the problem faced. Please find it
> and provide  a remedy.
> I am using LFS-BOOK-6.7.pdf
> With UBUNTU 10.04 LTS as the host
> Facing problem in compiling GCC-4.5.1 - Pass 1 package
> and the error faced is attached as a text file which is copied from
> the terminal

A failure to find gmp.h is almost certainly a sign that you've made a
mistake with the very first set of instructions on the page. And the
usual mistake people make is extract the GMP, MPFR and MPC packages into
the wrong directory.

Remember, all instructions assume that you've extracted the source
package (GCC in this case) and entered the resulting directory
(gcc-4.5.1/). So if you ran that first set of instructions from another
location, that's probably the problem.

Simon.