[lfs-support] Greetings and first two questions

Firerat firer4t at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 30 20:46:54 PST 2012

On 31 January 2012 04:08, Alain Toussaint <alain.toussaint at securivm.ca> wrote:
> Le lundi 30 janvier 2012 à 22:47 -0500, rafe_b a écrit :
>> Hi Bruce, I'm trying desperately to understand.
>> I did read Sec. 5.3 carefully -- I printed it out and
>> read it prior to doing any builds -- but the subsequent
>> build steps don't seem to line up.  The tree that
>> I have is:
>>
>> /mnt/lfs/sources     # (1) contains downloaded tarballs
>> /mnt/lfs/sources/mpfr  # (2) after un-tar and rename
>> /mnt/lfs/sources/gmp  # (3) after un-tar and rename
>> /mnt/lfs/sources/mpc  # (4) after un-tar and rename
>>

>> Is that still wrong?  If so, how should it look?
>
> /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-4.6.1
> /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-4.6.1/mpfr
> /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-4.6.1/gmp
> /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-4.6.1/mpc
>
> that's how it should look like.

Ahh, my bad, I somehow missed that they were still confused with
changing to the gcc dir and *then* running the book commands

So I guess because they didn't cd gcc-<version>
when it came to the patch command,
it failed
but because patch tries to be clever it listed the potential target files

--
Firerat
Talented, Witty And Thoughtful .. is how most describe me.