[lfs-support] Greetings and first two questions

rafe_b rafeb at speakeasy.net
Tue Jan 31 05:48:23 PST 2012

On 01/31/2012 12:23 AM, Alain Toussaint wrote:
>> Secondly, there was no 'gcc-4.x.x' directory
>> created from the three un-tar operations in my
>> case (from the V.7.0 LFS commands.)
> there are 4 untar operation, gcc-4.6.1, mpfr, gmp and mpc.

I'm sorry, this is not correct, either in LFS-BOOK 7.0,
or in LFS-BOOK 6.8 (Sec. 5.5.1 of both versions.)

Please show me, in *either* book version (6.8 or 7.0)
the step where I was supposed to untar the gcc
tarball.

I've been accused of not reading carefully enough,
so please show me where I'm wrong.  I'm obviously
not going to make progress on LFS until I figure this
out.

It is not my intention in any way to be adversarial.
I am giving this my utmost effort but apparently
that may not suffice.

/Rafe B.