[lfs-support] Problems starting the final LFS system

Lázaro Morales lazaro at frioclima.com.cu
Fri May 11 12:30:01 PDT 2012

Hello,

After complete the LFS book, when I restart the computer I get a few
errors messages and the computer stuck after this:

     /lib/lsb/init-functions: line 590: /run/var/bootlog: No such file or
directory
     /etc/rc.d/init.d/rc: line 217: /var/log/boot.log: Read-only file system
     /etc/rc.d/init.d/rc: line 220: /var/log/boot.log: Read-only file system
     [  301.811991] rc used greatest stack depth: 5556 byte left
     INIT: Id "2" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes
     INIT: Id "4" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes
     INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes
     INIT: Id "6" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes
     INIT: Id "1" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes
     INIT: Id "3" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes
     INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

The LFS version is 7.1 and is running on VirtualBox with PAE/NX and VT-x,
the processor is a dual-core E5300 and the virtual machine have 512MiB of
RAM. Could be this a problem? LFS can be compiled on VirtualBox?

Thanks very much,
Lázaro