[lfs-support] Step 5.7 -- ld: cannot find crt1.o

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Thu Jan 3 06:50:29 PST 2013

Chris J. Breisch wrote:
> On 1/3/2013 8:44 AM, Baho Utot wrote:
>> Check the tools symlink
>> ls -l /tools
>> should output something like this:  tools -> /mnt/lfs/tools/
>>
> It does.

crt1.o is part of the glibc package, you should review the installation
of that package.
Make sure the environment is correct and that you are the lfs user.

Do a set at the bash prompt and have a look at the bash environment, ie
PATH LC_ALL LFS LFS_TGT
Check LFS_TGT and compare it to what chapter 4.4.

set | grep PATH
set | grep LFS_TGT
set | grep SHELLOPTS should not have hashall in that line

I got that package wrong before also,  before I scripted my builds.
In my experience this is generally related to the bash environment or
the host system requirements.
Try running the version-check.sh from the beginning of the book.