[lfs-support] LFS USB Flash Boot Error --- the final stage...

JIA Pei jp4work at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 23:57:02 PST 2013

My god William Harrington, thank you so much !!!!!!!!!!

I just build all ext2, ext3, ext4 into the kernel, rather than as a module,
then, it booted !!!! And during the booting, there is nothing Failed (in
red), but all Passed (in green) !!

Thank you so much !!!

However, I don't know if it's better to start a new thread or continue in
this thread:

I continuously got the* USB disconnection* because my LFS-SVN-20130102 is
installed on a USB Flash Drive.
Please refer to
http://visionopen.com/questions/lfs-bash-USB-Disconnection_01.jpg
and
http://visionopen.com/questions/lfs-bash-USB-Disconnection_02.jpg

Is this phenomenon normal for USB Booting? Is there any way to avoid this *USB
disconnection*? Is that one of the reasons why the other guy didn't
recommend me to boot from USB but SSD instead?

Thanks anyway, thank you so much...

Best Regards
Pei

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 8:25 PM, William Harrington <berzerkula at cox.net>wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2013, at 7:00 PM, JIA Pei wrote:
>
> *linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.7.1-lfs-SVN-20130102 root=/dev/sdd1
> rootfstype=ext4 root-delay=10 ro*
>

> rootfstype isn't needed as init will mount the rootfs with the appropriate
> fs if built into the kernel.
> root-delay is not a valid option: view Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt
>  it is rootdelay
>
> Make sure the filesystem required to mount the rootfs is built into the
> kernel and not  a module.
>
> If rootfs is ext2, make sure ext2 is enabled and not as a module
> if rootfs is ext3, make sure ext3 is enabled and not as a module
> if rootfs is ext4, make sure ext4 is enabled and not as a module
> if rootfs is ext2 or ext3 and you want to use ext4, make sure you enable
> use ext4 for ext2 and ext3 in the kernel and not as a module.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> William Harrington

Pei JIA

Email: jp4work at gmail.com