[lfs-support] can't compile gcc pass 1

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Sat Jan 5 03:40:38 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 19:11 -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> matthew gruda wrote:
> > the output of the version check script is:
> >
> > bash, version 4.2.24(1)-release
> > /bin/sh -> /bin/dash
>
> Fix this.

Bruce (and others), I think some improvement needs to be made to the
Requirements page in the book. Because I get the impression that people
aren't actually reading the page - they're just running the commands in
the grey box, and when they don't appear to fail, continue on to the
on the page, but the number of people who miss it is just silly.

I'm not sure what the fix is, but we need to make the readers understand
that they actually need to use their brains, and read the instructions,
not just copy-paste the commands.

Simon.