[lfs-support] Good live CD to use

William Harrington berzerkula at cox.net
Tue Jan 8 13:41:43 PST 2013

On Jan 7, 2013, at 2:28 PM, Robb Bossley wrote:

> All,
>
> I have done LFS a couple of times in the past (though it has been a
> while), but I am again getting the itch to set up a box with LFS.
>
> It used to be that there was a live CD, but I see that nowadays it
> is not updated.
>
> Can anyone recommend a suitable live CD that has everything needed
> on it?

I have updated an unsupported LFS livecd based from the 6.3 livecd.

All it does is meet or exceed the host system requirements. It's like
running a 6.3 LFS system.
However, unlike an LFS 6.3 system, you can build current stable
releases with it. Give it a whirl.
A few people have already used it successfully, and I use it all the
time to build CLFS and LFS builds.

http://cross-lfs.org/~kb0iic/livecdupd/

I have tested it with my old Pentium 3 system, an inspiron 1501 and
1545, a Core i7 desktop, an A4 3400 htpc,
in 32 bit and 64 bit virtual machines, all work fine. Some have had
issues, but couldn't narrow it down.

Give it a whirl and see how your system manages with it.

Sincerely,

William Harrington