[lfs-support] Psmisc-22.19 section 6.23 problem

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Thu Jan 17 12:47:19 PST 2013

Le 17/01/2013 21:35, Pierre Labastie a écrit :

>> Aout the timing of the files, I complied the package at 8:31 and the
>> rest are around 8:40-42 because I'm doing the LFS beside other things
>> so it takes me a few minutes to see that a step is finished and to
>> proceed to the next step.
> Actually, I just realize that I made a mistake about the filenames
> (that's easy, with all the variations). The files installed at 8:42 have
> no "w" at the end.
> But I think they shouldn't be there. I do not have them. You can try to
> remove them and configure psmisc again. But something is wrong with
> ncurses and I advise you to rebuild it from the beginning. Then
> util-linux too, because it might have been linked to the wrong library.

Please forget that last part of my message. You built the non wide
character library, as per the note at the bottom of the page. I think
this has not been tested for a while, because it is not needed. I'll
test if it explains psmisc failure.

Please try removing or renaming the 2 files (if you do not want to erase
them):

libncurses.so.5 and libncurses.so.5.9 (without "w", but with a "n").

And try psmisc again.

Regards
Pierre