[lfs-support] Unable to build File-5.11

Pierre Labastie pierre.labastie at neuf.fr
Sat Jan 19 02:15:19 PST 2013

Le 19/01/2013 09:04, Rabi Shanker Guha a écrit :
> Yes I Ctrl+C'ed it but thats because it got stuck after
> checking for gzopen in -lz... yes
> and it remained in that state for almost 30 mins and I can confirm
> there wasnt any config.status generated.

Have you tried again (after untarring a fresh build directory)? If it
still gets stuck (normally, the "config.status" lines appear almost
immediatly), stop it again, and check whether you have the file
"configcache", which is an intermediate file. If you do not, it might be
that somehow, you do not have right to create files in the build
directory, although I doubt that it is a permission problem, since
configure creates a lot of temporary "conftest" files.

Regards
Pierre