[lfs-support] Russian

Дмитрий Соколов sokolovda at inbox.ru
Tue Jan 29 04:09:04 PST 2013

Hi,
I'm solved my problem with export LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8 in /etc/profile and using
obsolete paths to files (when not obsolete, when booting, showing errors as
cannot find filename...) in variables of /etc/sysconfig/console
(KEYMAP="ru-utf", FONT="cyr-sun16 -m cp866"):
KEYMAP=”/lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/ru-utf.map.gz”
FONT=”/lib/kbd/consolefonts/cyr-sun16.psfu.gz –m
/lib/kbd/consoletrans/cp866_to_uni.trans”
UNICODE=1

Now I can viewing some messages in Russian language, writing, viewing file
contents, file names written on Russian.

Thanks for support.
Dmitrij