[lfs-support] wifi issues

David dlbarron at nc.rr.com
Sun May 4 20:05:33 PDT 2014

I'm hoping that someone can help me configure the wifi in my laptop.
I started with ArchLinux and I was able to get the wifi working without too much difficulty.  I was able to determine that the interface was wlp3s0 and using wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd I was able to get connected to both my home and work wifi.

Not being smart enough to leave well enough alone I decided to try my hand at LFS and I've had nothing but trouble with the wifi.  First step is to issue the command "ip link set wlp3s0 up", at least it was on arch.  When I use the same command on lfs I'm getting "Cannot find device 'wlp3s0'"

The "iwconfig" command shows 3 entries, lo, enp134s0 and sit0.  So I try "ip link set enp134s0 up" and I get errors:

sky2 0000:86:00.0 enp134s0: enabling interface
IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): enp134s0: link is not ready

I guess my question is, why is my interface different now and what should I do to find out what device I should use?

Thanks