[lfs-support] wifi issues

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Mon May 5 05:44:57 PDT 2014

On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 07:40:47AM -0400, David wrote:
> Yes, I had begun to suspect that enp134s0 was the wired connection.
>
> For what it's worth the entry I have in /sys/class/net is enp134s0 which is a link that points to ../../devicespci0000:000000:00:1c.5/0000:86:00.0/net/enp134s0
>
> I don't have lspci, it says command not found.  I assume it's part of a blfs package I haven't gotten too.

 Yes, lspci is part of pci-utils in BLFS.

 Have you actually installed any of the wifi tools from BLFS ?
I have no experience with getting wifi working on LFS, but I guess
that wicd is probably the easiest option.

 The basic LFS system is adequate for a wired network connection,
using a fixed IP address.  Everything else is in BLFS.

> Is there any value to booting with the arch cd and looking at what is there?

 Use whatever you have for gaining information about your hardware.
On any distro, lsmod is probably going to be useful.  For wifi
hardware you may need extra firmware.

 And please do not top post on lfs lists.  Many of us also prefer
traditional short lines because they make it feasible to trim what
we are replying to, so that only relevant context is retained.

ĸen