[lfs-support] gcc 4.9.0 - update 2

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon May 5 13:51:34 PDT 2014

Ken Moffat wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2014 at 08:41:40PM +0200, Frans de Boer wrote:
>>
>> @Bruce, so maybe it is timing. Maybe it is timing combined with the type of
>> processor. You use a i7 and I use an AMD Phenom II 965. Your SBU's are also
>> about 60% compared to my machine.
>>
>   Interesting.  My phenom is still using gcc-4.8 (I bought it for
> building development versions of the books, but it is running out of
> partitions - that is down to details of my backup process : rsync
> over nfs to a staging area on my server, then create something akin
> to generation data groups for the real backups on a different
> filesystem [¹]  and isn't going to change in the near future).

Partitions or disk space?  If you use gpt, it can create 128 partitions
by default and more if you really want to.

> I've also got a desktop AMD A4 ("trinity APU") which only has two
> cores.  Mostly, that box is not used for development and at the
> moment it is running old LFS's (7.4 or older) and old stable
> kernels.

$ cat /etc/lfs-release
SVN-20120610

$ uname -a
Linux lfs6 3.4.1-LFS-SVN-20120617 #8 SMP PREEMPT Sat Apr 27 00:38:43 CDT
2013 i686 GNU/Linux

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz

Obviously not a development system any more, but that's what I am using now.

   -- Bruce