[lfs-support] Backups. was Re: gcc 4.9.0 - update 2

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon May 5 17:05:47 PDT 2014

Ken Moffat wrote:

>   I guess that it must be more useful to you than a conventional
> electric heater [ I never did like the P4 ] ;-)  But 3.4.1 ?

I'm not a big fan of updating my everyday system just because new stuff
comes out.  I need a reason.  Before it did update in 2012, my system
dated back to late 2005.  Of course there were some packages I did
update, but the kernel, glibc, and xorg were not among them.

As for a heater, my UPS says I'm drawing 278 watts right now.  But if I
turn off my monitors, it goes down to 140 watts.  That's a lot less than
my air conditioner -- it was 93 F (about 34 C) today.

   -- Bruce