[lfs-support] GCC Pass 1

Ronnie van Aarle ronnie.van.aarle at gmail.com
Tue May 6 12:58:05 PDT 2014

You should 'exit' and log back in as user root. 'lfs' is a restricted user
account. Root has all permissions, system wide and a restricted user
account only has a few, this is to protect the filesystem from mistakes by
different users in a multi user environment, ie you dont want people who
remotely login to change the configuration rules of your config files in
/etc. Chown can change file ownership and is therefore not available from a
restricted user account. Using 'lfs' and 'root' at the appropriate moments
is very important to maintain the systems reliability.
Op 6 mei 2014 21:47 schreef "Jack Ditchburn" <jackplughd at gmail.com> het
volgende: