[lfs-support] wifi issues

hans kaper spakyelj at xs4all.nl
Thu May 15 13:33:29 PDT 2014

Op Thu, 08 May 2014 11:03:01 +0200 schreef Richard Melville <richard.melville69 at googlemail.com>:

>>  > help me through the
>>  > principles and the details, with a new Hint as a result (because the
>>  > old one is rather out of date).
>>  >
>>  >
>>  > Hans.
>>

> There's nothing wrong with the instructions in the book as long as you
> understand that getting wifi working is usually a two-stage process:

> I hope that's of some help.
>
> Richard

It certainly is, but I progress rather slowly. I figured out what the driver for my card is, not present in the lfs-kernel, so I copied a line from .config (Mint 13) to .config (lfs) and rebuild the kernel.

That is as far as I am now. As you maybe understood, my aim is not so much solving my own problem (I have a desktop with lfs connected wired to my network and internet, that runs fine) as trying to formulate something about "lfs and wireless" that may be of use to others.

My apologies for reacting rather late, but I have been away for a few days and still busy with other obligations.

Hans.