[lfs-support] iso8859-15 spanish accented characters in lfs-7.5

ortenzia konyha viktoa65 at yahoo.es
Tue May 20 03:17:39 PDT 2014

Dear LFS support,
how does it work the script /etc/rc.d/init.d/console  in lfs-bootscript?
how does the variable $KEYMAP pass the argument to loadkeys?

My LFS is LFS stable 7.5
I am working without X, only in console.
My $LANG is ISO885915 at euro
I can see $LANG ISO885915 at euro when I type set and locale

I have tried several combinations in my /etc/sysconfig/console:
UNICODE=1
KEYMAP=es
KEYMAP_CORRECTIONS="euro2"
FONT="lat0-16 -m 8859-15"

I can see the ñ, ¡, ? and the €  in my console, I cannot see accented spanish character, á, é, í, ó, ú.

the LFS-bootschript included the  /etc/rc.d/init.d/console, which installed the following:
/etc/sysconfig/console?

I compiled Linux-3.13.3 against the following: make LANG=ISO885915 at euro LC_ALL= menuconfig

I am in a Netbook Lenovo s2-10.

If I understand correctly the hierchy of the information is The master run-level control script runs all the other bootscripts in a sequence gathering information first from locale (taken from glibc) and variable $LANG, then look in /etc/sysconfig/console and later look for loadkeys loading a different keymap
is that correct
"The dead key settings depend on your locale and character set." (http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/7493/why-is-the-us-international-keyboard-layout-on-debian-different)

then, why if I compiled against ISO885915 at euro, my console is not letting me see spanish accented characters?

My question is about understanding LFS and if possible Linux.
I can see the spanish accented characters using loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/es.map.gz

and in vim
I can use
:set enc=utf-8
and using CTR+K a+`(accent) = á
and so on.

but, why if I compiled against ISO885915 at euro, my console is not letting me see spanish accented characters?

Let me see i you need more output to help me solve my problem.