[lfs-support] iso8859-15 spanish accented characters in lfs-7.5

ALZ (phyglos.org) alz at phyglos.org
Tue May 20 13:11:01 PDT 2014

On 05/20/2014 12:17 PM, ortenzia konyha wrote:

> I have tried several combinations in my /etc/sysconfig/console:
> UNICODE=1
> KEYMAP=es
> KEYMAP_CORRECTIONS="euro2"
> FONT="lat0-16 -m 8859-15"

This one works for me:

# Begin /etc/sysconfig/console

KEYMAP="es"
KEYMAP_CORRECTIONS="euro2"
FONT="lat0-16 -m 8859-15"

# End /etc/sysconfig/console

The only place where I specify something about keymaps is this file.
Nothing to do with kernel compilation, etc.

> I can see the ñ, ¡, ? and the €  in my console, I cannot see accented spanish character, á, é, í, ó, ú.

This was a strange behavior to me until I inserted the UNICODE=1.
Then, inside vim, some accented vowels, like à, are not correctly displayed.

Hope this can help.
ALZ.