[lfs-support] iso8859-15 spanish accented characters in lfs-7.5

ortenzia konyha viktoa65 at yahoo.es
Wed May 21 02:56:56 PDT 2014

Dear Mr. Moffat,
thank you for your hint.
this is what I did
in the prompt I wrote:
set LC_ALL=es_ES.UTF-8
and tried to type some spanish accented characters á. é, í, ó, ú in console and in vim the result is the same I can only see 'a, 'e, 'i, 'o, 'u

This is not what I want. I want to be able of typing spanish acented characters in console and in vim.

What it works for me is a scipt that does the following
loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qerty/es.map.gz

Doing this way I can type in console and in vim wihout using the shorcut of CTR K + `a

However I wanted to know if it is possible to set the booting automatically
Being my LANG and my LC_ALL=es_ES.iso885915 at euro

why does not this setiing allow me to see spanish accented characters á. é, í, ó, ú?

REMARK: this seems a way to set LC_ALL only temporaly, because if I type in the prompt locale LC_ALL="" (empty); after rebooting is LC_ALL=""(also empty)
Maybe you meant to set the LC_ALL permanently, can you show me where to find the information?. I searched arround in LFS but I coudl not find the way how to change it permanently.

Best Regards,
Viktor Ankor