[lfs-support] iso8859-15 spanish accented characters in lfs-7.5

ortenzia konyha viktoa65 at yahoo.es
Wed May 21 02:57:20 PDT 2014

Dear ALZ
your settings fro /etc/sysconfig/console
# Begin
 /etc/sysconfig/console

 KEYMAP="es"
 KEYMAP_CORRECTIONS="euro2"
 FONT="lat0-16 -m 8859-15"

 # End
 /etc/sysconfig/console

work for me either for ñ, ¿. ¡ and € in console but I cannot see accented
 spanish character, á, é, í, ó, ú.

adding the UNICODE=1. to my /etc/sysconfig/console does not allow me to see the  spanish character, á, é, í, ó, ú., I can see them as 'a, 'e, 'i, 'o, 'u.

Thank you anyway.

What I am trying to do is to se the encoding in console.
What it works for me is to use at the prompt the following;
loadkeys /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qerty/es.map.gz
but I would like it to have it loaded at boot time, if possible.

Best Regards,
Viktor Ankor