[lfs-support] iso8859-15 spanish accented characters in lfs-7.5

ortenzia konyha viktoa65 at yahoo.es
Wed May 21 06:13:41 PDT 2014

Dear Fernando,
thank you very much for your hint. Unfortunatelly it did not help me.
I have tried this:
 KEYMAP="es"
 FONT="lat1-16 -m 8859-1"
did not work

these suggestions did not work either:
typing a space after accent+character = accent+character+space and is not equal to accented character.
QUOTE
For just one
 accented character, sometimes you need to type
 <space>,
 after: 'o<space> =
 ó. I think the program waits for the next character
 to decide you want an accented letter.

 For vim, include in /etc/vimrc
 (or, I believe ~/.vimrc, if this is
 wanted
 just for current user):

 set
 encoding=iso-8859-1
 set
 fileencodings=iso-8859-1
UNQUOTE

the problem is with the KEYMAP
at boot time LFS system reads a script called /etc/rc.d/rcS.d/S70console
which looks the parameter KEYMAP passed in the file  in /etc/sysconfig/console
My /etc/sysconfig/console passes the parameter KEYMAP="es"
(assuming that is looking for /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qerty/es.map.gz "es" is the correct parameter to pass)

I tried to pass KEYMAP="es_ES.UTF-8" but /etc/rc.d/rcS.d/S70console complaints at boot time and default (english) is loaded instead.

I have tried https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Keyboard_configuration_in_console_%28Espa%C3%B1ol%29
but I have not the program localetcl and I am not using a virtual console.

Any suggestion for KEYMAP parameter?

Best Regards,
Viktor Ankor