[lfs-support] iso8859-15 spanish accented characters in lfs-7.5

ALZ (phyglos.org) alz at phyglos.org
Sat May 24 07:29:17 PDT 2014

On 05/24/2014 04:16 PM, Ken Moffat wrote:

> @ALZ :  Are you using unicode ?  And are you using a framebuffer ?
>
> @ortenzia : Are you using a framebuffer ?

I tried not to set anything related to unicode explicitly, but seems (as
far as I read in some menuconfig options) that frambuffer can lead to
some default unicode configuration.

I've set gfxmode=1024x768 to be able to work with the console. I'm
running LFS inside a VMware Workstation 10 machine.

>   I've raised ticket #3591
> http://wiki.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/ticket/3591
> but at the moment I don't have a clue what has broken.

Thanks!

>   I do remember there were issues with loadkeys in kbd-2.0 (some maps
> suce as, I think, croatian, were reproted to not load), but I thought
> those issues were fixed in 2.0.1, at least for x86.  And anyway,
> loadkeys is obviously working for you guys.

Either a kernel "default" configuration set when compiling or a simple
change of behavior in kbd-2 (or a simpler error in my /etc
configurations ;-) ).

I'm still wondering what is the path used with "#loadkeys es" right
after boot.

ALZ.