[lfs-support] Small-lfs.txt tip stripping? find / -exec file {} \; | grep "not stripped" - LFS 7.5

rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com rhubarbpieguy at gmail.com
Tue May 27 14:45:00 PDT 2014

The Small-lfs.txt tip suggests additional files can be stripped after
building LFS.  They can be found with 'find / -exec file {} \; | grep
"not stripped"'.  I ran the command on a mounted, but not booted LFS
partition.  I expected to find very few files, but found 1,337.  I
thought I ran the chapter 6 stripping step.

However, after stripping the found files (strip --strip-debug),
re-running the tip command shows only /usr/lib/crtn.o changed.  What
might I have done wrong?  The found files were only on the LFS partition
as I did a find not on /, but on the LFS partition.