[lfs-support] Can't move past configuring in sec5.8 - libstdc++ (LFS7.5)

Christian Gardner christian_gardner at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 31 13:26:00 PDT 2014

On Thu, 29/5/14, Bruce Dubbs <bruce.dubbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try updating the host:

> sudo apt-get install build-essential m4 bison
> texinfo gawk
> sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

>   -- Bruce

I've done all that and it hasn't changed anything. One thing I did realise though when looking over the output of version-check: my host distribution can't seem to find the lib{gmp,mpfr,mpc}.la libraries. I tried to update them using the GUI-based Synaptic Package Manager but it doesn't seem to have taken. Could this be causing the problem, and if so how do I fix it?